Tuesday, January 19, 2010

May 18, 2009

we ran away from home

Someone told me recently that when you really love someone, fear goes away. You just don't care because it's more important to tell that person what they need to hear. Whether it sounds weird or not, I really do love you guys. So I want to tell you all what I believe is important. If you don't believe the same, I still love you guys. I still want you to come and read blogs and to post comments.

I've been reading a book called "The Shack" which is pretty sweet. I don't know if you've read it or not but it's been reminding me of some things, and, that not everyone knows these things.

No matter where you're at right now, God cares about you. He's not mad. He's always intended that we would actually know Him the same way we know people in our lives and He's been doing everything possible to restore that ever since it was lost. That's what Jesus is all about. That's why God got down on His knees and lived as a human for our sake and lived like the most amazing human that ever lived, but still died like a criminal. He died to bring us back.

It's a little bit like we've run away from home, except that if we had, we would remember the parents we ran away from. We would know what we had run away from. But maybe our parents or our grandparents ran away from God and we don't even remember what He was like. It's time for us to find out who our God is again so we know what He's asking us to come home to. He didn't mess up like our own dad's might have. We just ran away because we were confused and we didn't know what we were giving up. He wants to talk to us and tell us who He is for real and who we are too.

I'd like to know what you guys think about God. What's been your experience. I'm not talking about church, just God.

No comments:

Post a Comment