Tuesday, January 19, 2010

May 11, 2009

more important things

Trees. Do you know about trees? I'm a big fan. I'm all about saving the trees. I have a box of paper in the car ready to be recycled. Whales are nice too. The thing is, I think we have something a lot more important to be hippies about. I wanna save the kids. I wanna save the hearts. I wanna be a love hippie: love people, plant seeds in their lives, kind words. There are a lot of lonely people in the world, many of whom you would never notice were particularly lonely. Do something that matters to someone's heart today. Just once a day 'til you get better at it. I think the church (anyone who follows Jesus) should be the ones to do this. I think if we want to do the thing that's the most like what Jesus did, this would be it. Be a love hippie; He was. You don't have to hug a stranger (unless you can really tell they need a hug). Be unafraid to look someone in the eye, to say a kind word, to really honestly care about someone and let them know it. It can't be that hard. Where I live, recycling is free.....so is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment